Creation Common Sense:
Modern technology replying upon physics accomplished a lot via explanatory & inferential tools. Though great, physics is limited to what it can explain by itself. Physics itself feeds into many present day people’s common sense understandings & misunderstandings of Our Universe. What physics accomplished in combination with engineering led us to compute platforms, typically exhibited by Android, Apple, Microsoft, and Linux-Unix Devices. Understanding these compute platforms allows us to explain & model much more about how Our Universe works fundamentally. These compute platforms enable a more scientifically sophisticated common sense understanding of creation.
Compute platforms power “virtual worlds” with many types of programmed physical “rules”. Think of Our World as powered by a grander compute platform, where God designed, engineered, and programmed Our Universe, which God oversees via interventions. The compute platform model explains how God intervenes in numerous ways recorded in the Bible, in ways highly interwoven into the history of people & nations. To better understand Our Universe requires going beyond the two extremes where people either (i) just disregard evidence too quickly as unbelievers or (ii) just accept supernatural interventions as believers. As Christianity is reasonable, achieving greater maturity pushes people to ponder God’s interventions in context of the compute platform paradigm (also known as Universe Tools Paradigm).
Evidences to Consider — Yes, Really!
- Genesis Account: When you examine the Genesis Account, event sequences fit more closely from a compute platform perspective than from a purely physics model, though physics clearly involved. (Genesis 1 & Genesis 2)
- Agile / Iterative Design & Development: Programmers use Iterative Software Life Cycle (SLC) methodologies to build software capabilities in stages. Think about God’s Genesis Account showcasing the iterative cycles God used over seven “Creator Days” to form Our Universe, the Planet Earth, and its’ inhabitants.
- Exodus Interventions & Miracles: God controlling nature from compute platform perspective makes it easy for God to defeat the great Egyptians.
- Parting the Red Sea: God used winds overnight to create dry ground over which Israelites crossed in their escape from the Egyptians (Exodus 14)
- Water from Rock: God controlling the data in compute platform, made it easy for water to come out of rock (Exodus 17).
- Pillar of Cloud & Pillar of Fire: God speaking to Moses in a Pillar of Cloud next to Moses on Earth where Israelites observed Moses talking with God makes sense from a platform perspective rather than a physics perspective (Exodus 33:7-11). God guiding the Israelites with a Pillar of Cloud by Day & Fire by Night makes sense from platform perspective. (Exodus 13:21-22, Nehemiah 9:12-21)
- Oversight & Interventions:
- Heard Prayers: When looking at prayers being heard, a platform perspective shows this corresponds to looking at underlying data to understand thoughts in our minds.
- Prayers Answered: God the Creator intervening periodically in Our World in response to our prayers, either by guiding thoughts of others or intervening in nature itself
- Prison Deliverance: Angel releases Peter from Prison in response to Church Prayers (Acts 12)
- Counting Hairs: God counting our hairs & not allowing even one to fall out outside of God’s consent, makes sense under a platform model. (Matthew 10:26-33)
- Daniel in the Lions Den: God shut the Lions mouths when Daniel thrown into the Lions Den, only to allow the Lions to feast once Daniel’s underhanded adversaries thrown into the Lion’s Den. (Daniel 6)
- Walking in the Furnace: Shadrack, Meshack, and Abednego thrown into Furnace by orders from the King without any harm to themselves, even though the guards throwing them in their burned up by the Furnace heat. God’s Angel walked in the Furnace with them until they came out of the Furnace by the command of the King. (Daniel 3)
- Various Miracles: When examining miracles, often they appear to contradict physics, yet from a platform model, miracles make perfect sense, as creator controls underlying programming (“rules”) & data.
- Healing People & Curing Diseases: God applies intervention based upon how biology operates at cellular & molecular levels.
- Raising the Dead: God raised people from dead on multiple occasions (Elijah Raises Child – 1 Kings 17:17-24, Bodies Falling on Elisha’s the Prophet’s dead body come back to life – 2 Kings 13:20-25, Jesus raises Lazarus – John 11, Jesus from Heaven Raises Earthly Body Back to Life – Matthew 28, John 10:17-28, Luke 23:39-43)
- Controlling Water / Nature:
- Coin in Fish: Jesus instructed disciple to go fishing, and that fish caught contain a coin, so able to pay taxes / tribute, so as to cause no offense. (Matthew 17:24-27)
- Curing Blindness: Jesus heals man born blind since birth (John 9)
- Moses & Abraham on Mountain with Jesus & Disciples: God is God of the Living. (Matthew 17:1-13, 2 Peter 1:16-21, Malachi 4:5-6)
- Ascend into Clouds: Jesus taken up into Clouds (Acts 1:1-11)
- Special Effects:
- Chariots of Fire: Elijah taken up to heaven in horses & chariots of fire predates “Hollywood” style special effects, in God’s “Holy-World” interventions. (2 Kings 2)
- God’ Angel After Prophesy: The Angel of the Lord went up in flame of the alter, in way representative of Hollywood-style special effects. (Judges 13)
Clues Evidence Fits Proper Model:
God shares clues into the nature of Our Universe throughout the Bible. God does not tell us how’s it’s done to an infinitessimal degree. Rather, when our understanding of Our Universe is more accurate, then God’s miraculous interventions increasingly make more sense. God provides historical accounts, poetry, prophesy, and revelation. The proper model shines much explanatory power both into what God does and into what God reveals.
Who, How, What:
Some people assert that God’s Genesis Account really just about the “Who”, yet this provides an incomplete picture. Clearly Genesis Account not just about “Who”. It’s also about “What” & “How”. The brief Genesis Creation Account does not cover every detail and does not describe all creation (Genesis 1 & Genesis 2). The clues God provides throughout the Bible enable us to delve deeper into “How”.
Which Time Scale really referenced in Genesis Creation Account? The compute platform model views time scale in God the Creator’s Realm outside Our Universe. From the Compute Platform view, Our Universe really just represents computation applied to data via rules, which can be implemented at different speeds, just like compute platform speeds different. This provides a decoupling of time scales “inside Creation” from “outside Creation in Creators Realm”, even though relationship exists between both. The time the Creator spent in the Creator’s World called “Creator Days’ in this compute platform paradigm. Important not to jump immediately to conclusion that (i) seven days of creation necessarily 24-hour Earth days or (ii) seven days inconsistent with science’s millions to billions of years. Why? Clearly something special happening in creation itself when Our Universe created.
Physics Alone an Obstacle:
The World of Science leverages the tool of physics frequently, due to its’ explanatory power, and tried to use that as pinnacle of knowledge to explain the Creation of Universe. Physics itself a brick way. Powerful, yes — but incomplete. Physics itself led to compute platforms, which ushers in much better explanatory power. Physics alone is weaker. Physics plus the compute platform is powerful since provides a much better understanding. Physics provides insights into default rules implemented in the platform. The platform helps us understand the Creator’s Power to control waves, heal people of sickness, appear in one place & disappear, ascend into the clouds (Acts 1:1-11), sending horses & chariots of fire, to go up like a Hollywood Event as disappear out of sight. So much readily explained easily from the Compute Platform Perspective. The Compute Platform Perspective enabled by applying physics together with engineering & understanding of language.
Creation Account Elevates the Word:
The Genesis Creation Account elevated the “Word” as a key participant in creation with phrases like “Let their be Light”. The “Word”, a form of logic & control, points us to a tools type of programming. This enables us to understand how God can speak and things happen. Consider modern day digital assistants like Apple Siri, where its’ common sense to tell digital assistants to do things & it does. God asks creation to do something and it does.
Distribution to Billions of People:
Modern advanced technology tools like Smart Phones / Smart Devices (compute platforms) used by recent generations point to God. Billions of these devices getting distributed to Billions of People over time. Many devices designed to fit into our hand & place into our pockets & bags. These provide witness in our generation to the creative power of Our Creator, and to the creative power God placed into people, who God created in his image & likeness.
God’s Ultimate Design:
God creating Our Universe goes beyond “what” God created & “how” God created into “why” God created. Part of God’s ultimate design is to present the Church (The Bride) with Holy & Good & Loving & Caring Character like God (Ephesians 5, Revelation 19) to Jesus, The Son of God. God foreshadowed this plan by creating humankind in his image, and starting them off as a married couple (Genesis 2). While people started off like God being made in God’s image, that image got corrupted through the decision to sin & do wrong (Genesis 3). God provided people a free will and an eternal soul. God points our soul towards the proper character that Jesus, The Christ, the Son of God demonstrated, and to which the Bible scripture testifies in Old Testament & New Testaments. God showcases the fallen nature of people and how it contrasts to God’s will for our character. God stresses the importance of love & caring for others.
Limits of Knowing How:
You can understand “how” God made All Creation & how miracles work, yet if lacking love, then missing bigger picture of God’s plan for our lives (1 Corinthians 13). While hope explanations enable you to understand bigger picture of “how” God Created Our Universe, recommend embrace what’s more important than “how” God created Our Universe too.
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 (ESV): 1. If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. 4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. 13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
Matthew 22:36-40 (ESV): 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”